So you’ve decided to thru-hike the AT? Or at least you’re considering it?
Although you’re beyond excited for this upcoming adventure, odds are, you’re also battling some nerves. To say that a half year journey along the world’s oldest mountain range is intimidating is the understatement of the century.
Unfortunately, too often people let this intimidation cause unnecessary stress and force them to over prepare for their hike. Worse yet, they never even make it to Springer.
Fear not. Waiting on Spring: Your Pre-Appalachian Trail Thru-Hike Companion is here to help.
After successfully thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2013, Carlie “Rainbow Braid” Gentry shares valuable insights that will serve to extinguish your pre-AT anxieties, actually get you to Springer, and ease your transition over the first couple weeks on the Trail.
Waiting on Spring is the ebook version of sitting on the couch, picking the brain of your friend who just got off the Appalachian Trail. Gentry’s astute emotional intelligence of life on the Trail offers aspiring hikers invaluable knowledge for what they should expect during this nerve-racking transition. More importantly Gentry eases hikers minds by unraveling the biggest mysteries of life in the woods.
Readers will also learn:
- How to really commit to the decision of a thru-hike
- Which preparation steps are necessary and unnecessary
- The emotional, physical, and intangible gains and losses associated with spending a half year in the woods (and away from your “normal” life)
- The short list of the best AT books for further reading
- The best way to physically prepare
- A “Bonus” gear list
- What and what not to do during your first few days on the Trail
- Chapter 1: Deciding to Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Chapter 2: Losses and Gains on the Appalachian Trail
- Chapter 3: Preparing Yourself to Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Chapter 4: The Final Gear List
- Chapter 5: What You Should Know For the First Few Days on Trail
Guarantee: Your order is protected by a 30-day 100% refund if you are not totally satisfied with your purchase.
Please note: After purchasing, you will receive a confirmation email which will include the ebook file (example, pictured below). The download folder includes files readable on all major ebook readers (Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Adobe Reader, etc.)
Please contact us if you have any issues with download or viewing.